The last time I played in Paradiso (Amsterdam) was 25 years ago with MAM. But this week I played in Paradiso again with a brand new band: The Record Man. A tribute to our friend Ron Kane who died last year.
I played with these wonderful people (some are very well known musicians in the Netherlands):
- Tom America – sampler (he only played the song Pasadena, and on his own)
- Pieter Bon – voice
- Hans Croon (The Dutch) – voice & guitar
- Marcos Kuzka Cunha (from Brasil) – bass
- Bob Gaulke (from New York) – voice
- Henk Hofstede (NITS) – voice
- Fay Lovsky – voice & keyboards
- Marco Raaphorst – guitar
- Bob Schimscheimer – drums
It went great! Here are a few shots and videos which were made.
A small part of Human Heart, sang by Hans Croon (The Dutch), (filmed by Puck Raaphorst):
White Car, Blue Ocean with Henk Hofstede (NITS) on vocals and dulcimer (filmed by Hilde Hoekstra):
The song The Record Man (video: Tristan Melissen; sound: Wout de Kruif):
And the final track of our set (filmed by Hilde Hoekstra):
Do check out the great photos Guido van Nispen took of us.
This week we will also be playing at the local festival NIMBY in The Hague. We want more? Who knows…
Also published on Medium.